Saturday, September 5, 2009

Potential New TV Series on The-N/Teen Nick

(Gah! I still have a hard time referring to it by anything but The-N!)
Debroah Gregory  - Author of the Cheetah Girls books - her more recent series "The Catwalk" is being "optioned" by Teen Nick for a TV series.  (Which I would guess means they're considering it a serious option.)
(Announced on her site here. And in a local news interview.)
Personally, I'm not sure about this. I want new series for the channel, and I haven't read The Catwalk books, but I have a hard time imagining hearing the words "Purrlicious" and "Feline Fatale" on a TV show that's meant to be taken seriously. I'm not seeing how the channel's "depicting real teens" aspect ties in with a bunch of teens in the fashion world that attach feline allusions to fashion terminology. Wouldn't it be better suited for Nickelodeon or the Disney channel?

No comments:

Post a Comment